At the heart of GAA is an appreciation of art and a devotion to connoisseurship. A belief that serious appreciation and extensive knowledge of many types of art is key to helping build a solid collection.
We provide expert, independent guidance on the acquisition and de-accessioning of artworks. Enquiries are treated on a personal basis. Tailor-made solutions are developed for each individual client. Through confidential, in-depth consultations, GAA will determine a client’s needs and draw out a strategy that can be immediate or long term.
While we mainly focus on European and American Contemporary, 19th Century, Impressionist, and Modern Art, we also advise on Contemporary Art from the Middle East, India and China.
As an independent advisory, GAA is most concerned with helping clients acquire life enhancing artworks, as well as adding value to their collections.
GAA regularly observes auction results, art fair activity, and private sales to determine broad art-market trends and focused analyses of different art sectors and artists.
Clients are motivated to purchase art for a variety of reasons. GAA takes care to consider the investment value of every purchase, large and small, and to maximise value in the acquisition or dispersal of artworks.
Long term relationships with collectors, museums, and dealers have been key to GAA’s success in international sourcing and acquisitions.
Significant experience at a major auction house has armed us with behind-the-scenes knowledge of the elaborate auction process.
Whether a client is buying or selling, GAA is able to facilitate this often daunting process.
GAA offers a fully comprehensive range of services to help individuals and corporations establish, diversify and maintain an art collection.
• Developing new collections and expanding or editing existing ones
• Judiciously sourcing works
• Negotiating acquisitions on a client’s behalf
• Determining attribution, authenticity, provenance and condition through thorough research
• Representation and guidance at auctions and art fairs to ensure strategic transacting and client confidentiality
• Devising complete solutions for dispersing individual works or whole collections
• Optimizing relationships with worldwide network of collectors to connect buyers with sellers, maximize value, and expedite the process
• Selecting best method of sale: privately or through auction
• Determining the most beneficial auction house marketing proposal and sale estimates
• Managing all aspects of acquisitions, from shipping and installation to insurance and conservation
• Overseeing museum loans on behalf of collectors
• Revaluation in the future
• Curating of private exhibitions